Bech on Enterprise Java
Monday, May 23, 2005
  Frameworks: Increasing productivity with Spring?

I read this article on Spring and found it very usefull as a good starting point for myself. Having experienced the pain of writing testable and nice looking code in enterprise environments, I must honestly say that the framework looks promising.

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2005/05/11/spring.html

My first thoughts lead my mind back to the first time I started using EJBDoclet in conjunction with Maven (Wich I found reveloutionary at the time)

Since I knew the EJB 2.x Specification by heart I had no trouble finding my ways around cryptic error messages, generated descriptors with bugs in them, merge-files problems etc. I knew what all the generated stuff were supposed to look like.

So, The future will be very intersting; And a question came to mind

Do frameworks make you more productive before you know all the nitty-gritty details of all It's building blocks ?

Dependency injection, IOC patterns in general, Micro Containers and Hibernate are fairly new terms in my vocabulary. How much of this must I learn to get increased developer efficiency with Spring ? How much time will I spend debugging Hibernate code ?

Only time will show .-)

 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
I hereby promise to blog my thoguhts and views on Enterprise java, design patterns, frameworks and all other things that make life as a software developer interesting.

Name:
Location: Oslo, Oslo, Norway

www.glennbech.com

ARCHIVES
May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / March 2007 /


Powered by Blogger